Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Everyday Makeup Products

Recently my everyday makeup routine has consisted of mainly these products however I do tend to switch things up once in a while depending on how I feel.


The first product that I apply is the Mac Pro Longwear concealer to the areas which need extra coverage, such as any breakouts or scars. However I don't always use this product depending on which foundation I am using, but in conjunction with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I mostly use it because Vitalumiere Aqua is a light coverage foundation. I swear the shade NC15 and it’s a liquid concealer which a little goes a long way and leaves a natural finish to the skin. I'd say that it has a medium buildable coverage, however something I feel that if I use too much it can go a bit cakey. The downside to this product is that the pump is hard to control and when I just need a little bit, a whole pump ends up coming out which then I don't use all the product and have to wipe the excess away. It is a good concealer, however I wouldn't say that it is the best concealer out there and I am still on a hunt to find my perfect concealer.

I then apply Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade B10 all over my face, but more concentrated in the areas that need most coverage. I strongly recommend this foundation for people who have a good complexion because it has a light coverage and give a really natural finish. It’s also really good for people who do need a bit more coverage because you can just use it with a concealer and still get the added benefits of the natural effect. This foundation has a really nice light scent which isn't too overpowering. I have really oily skin and this foundation works really well for me and I have also heard people with normal and dry skin who really love this product as well, so it’s great for all skin types.

If there are any areas which need to be covered up which after applying foundation kind of wiped off some of the coverage then I'll go in with my Benefit Boi-ing concealer in the shade 01 which I think is a bit too light for my skin but it works alright when blended in. This concealer has good coverage, but sometimes I find that it can look dry, so I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin.

I use the No.7 Perfect Light powder in translucent to set my makeup, it’s just an ordinary powder and doesn't have anything special about it but it does the job at setting my oily skin. Throughout the day my skin does become oily so it doesn't keep the skin looking matte for a long period of time, but you can just reapply powder or use blotting sheets to control it. I also use the Urban Decay De-slick setting spray to set my makeup which makes it last longer and kind of blends in the makeup too. I use 4 squirts on my face; on my forehead, nose and mouth area and both sides of my cheeks.


Recently my go-to blush has been Lancome Blush Subtil in the shade Rose Sable. It’s a lovely natural shade with a hint of shimmer which looks great on all skin tones and stays on my cheeks all day. I do switch up my blush depending on how I feel and the look that I am wearing, but the main two would have to be Lancome Rose Sable and Benefit Coralista. I must admit that I am kind of blush-obsessed, for some reason I just always have an urge to buy them.


For a quick and easy eye look I use my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze which is a gorgeous natural eyeshadow with shimmer. It looks amazing and as if you have spend a long time on your eyeshadow when actually you just stuck your finger in a pot and rubbed it on your lid. I get oily eyelids and at the end of the day this tends to crease which is annoying, however if you don't have oily eyelids then this won't be a problem for you.

For eyeliner I use the Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid eyeliner which is really easy to control and is great for thin and thick lines. Another plus is that it is affordable and can be found is all drugstores. For mascara I use Benefit They're Real which is absolutely amazing at lengthening and thickening lashes. It has a plastic wand which separates the lashes and doesn't make them clump but it also has a spiky ball on the tip, quite like a medieval weapon, which is great for getting the inner, outer and lower lashes.


Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed this post! Feel free to leave feedback and tell me what products do you use in your everyday routine?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...